St Francis Xavier Hospital
This 118-bed hospital provides vital medical care, across many departments, to patients from a catchment area population of 207,000, as well as those referred from other regions.
In addition, it has become a practical teaching hospital where medical and nursing students from the Korlebu teaching hospital, as well as from the nursing school in Cape Coast and other different schools in Ghana, send their students to get their practical experience.
St Francis Xavier Hospital is owned and run by the Archdiocese of the Cape Coast and Sisters Hospitallers. The Sisters Hospitallers took the final management role of the clinic in 1965 and it has been developed through the years into a district hospital.
Here are the figures showing the number of patients seen in St. Francis Xavier hospital’s various departments in 2016:
St Francis Xavier Hospital is located in the Central Region of Ghana. It is the District Hospital for both Assin North/South Districts.
The hospital provides services to patients in various departments including:
- Operating theatre
- Outpatient Department
- X-Ray Unit
- Accident and Emergency Unit
- Public Health Unit
- Dental Clinic
- Physiotherapy Unit
- Medical and Surgical Wards
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Units
- Chest ward
- Voluntary Service
Contact usDownload Centre Information
- Specialist care equipment including hoists, lifting aids, bathing equipment
- Chair lift on staircase for easy access
- Nurse call system in all rooms
- Lift to all floors
- Hair salon
- Private telephone lines in all residential rooms
- Broadband and television connections in all rooms
- Ensuite bathroom facilities in all rooms